Sunday, December 22, 2013

ADOLPHUS WITH REFLECTION

WEEKEND YEAR END REFLECTION Just sharing a little of me. I’ve made it a habit to use Sundays as a day to reflect on my past week – what I planned to do, what I did, and the difference. Now with the yearend in sight I’m doing the same thing for 2013. A number of years ago I decided to become a professional writer and actor – meaning, some part of my income would be made from those efforts: I’ve had some success in both. I was recently in a play at the Pasadena Playhouse in Pasadena, CA – Sheldon Epps directing an exceptional group of actors and support staff. The play was “Twelve Angry Men.” Now my thoughts are toward publishing the 2nd Edition of my 3 novels. March-April 2014 will find me with beautiful new books. “Harvest The Dust” is the first of my Family-Fiction trilogy – it is set in 1934-35 and examines how the Great Depression influenced the lives in this family. “Milk The Iron Cow” is the second – it is set in 1941 and examines how World War II influenced the lives in this family. “Stand Upside Down” is the third – it is set in 1984 and examines how the challenge to Affirmative Action threatened to stop the progress of black people in employment. At 78 and single I think life is great – it beats the fuck out of dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment