Sunday, September 13, 2015

THOUGHTS ON WRITING FAMILY FICTION

THOUGHTS ABOUT WHY I WRITE FAMILY FICTION The motivation for my writing in not born in the cruelties African peoples have suffered, are suffering, by white racist powers, but by what those cruelties did, and is doing, to their progeny. Unrestrained power has never been humane. Human life has never meant more to the powerful than its value as a product. When black life ceased to be of value then racist powers set the agenda to dominate and control that life – stifle its proliferation and development by force, when necessary. So I’m not overwhelmed by laws which function to accommodate the agenda of unrestrained power. I’m not in awe of the increasing number of black men and women filling private prisons; or the veritable tsunami of young black boys and girls inundating mental health professionals and facilities. I’m not surprised by the unwillingness of our government to impose the necessary dollars for a quality education to all citizens. I see our government as complicit to the racist power’s agenda when instead of being directly involved in the education of its citizens it chooses to sell that obligation to private for profit companies. It is little wonder that law enforcers too act within a racist power agenda. What I show in my trilogy of stories is how the Racist Power Agenda, RPA, helps shape the behavior of the children and grandchildren of our fore parents and ancestors. http://www.amazon.com/author/adolphusward http://www.adolphusward.net

No comments:

Post a Comment