Tuesday, October 13, 2015

THOUGHTS ON WASHINGTON JUSTICE OR ELSE

MY THOUGHTS ON WASHINGTON 10/10/15 – JUSTICE OR ELSE I was not in Washington DC on that day. I thank C-Span for covering the event live – I witnessed all of its coverage. There were volumes spoken about Justice but only a few vague lines about Or-Else. If in fact Or-Else really does exist it was not given during C-Span’s coverage. The sad thing about it is that’s what the MARCHERS came to hear. The MARCHERs came for something they could take home and employ that would help change their lives. They did not come to be told that the vengeance of God is the only Or-Else black folk can ever rely on. They came to be given something they could do and not something they could pray for – they did not come again to wait for God’s vengeance. I’m an atheist. I don’t say that boastfully – my atheism is more about what I don’t believe than what I do. I don’t believe in a Supreme Being; I don’t believe in a Devil – a Heaven, a Hell, a Christ (here, gone, coming, or coming back.) I do believe the destiny of the human race is in our hands. No one is coming to save us from ourselves – NO ONE! All institutions: religions, nations, political parties, economic systems, social systems, and others have at least one fatal flaw – all institutions define themselves by exclusion. They tend to see the world as Us and Them. When one adds that institutional flaw to the mission that all institutions seek to perpetuate themselves by propagating and enforcing their beliefs it’s easy to see that conflict is inevitable. I think we humans have a shot at being somewhere in this awesome and growing universe a billion years from now provided we do not define ourselves to the exclusion of others. Like it or not we’re all humans; like it or not we’re all in these United States (the world) and none of us are leaving. So we damn well better find a way to make that reality work for the better for all. http://www.adolphusward.net http://www.amazon.com/Adolphus-A.-Ward/e/B00OSDSSRC

No comments:

Post a Comment