Sunday, May 8, 2016

THOUGHTS ON BELIEFS - gods devils heaven and hell

THOUGHTS ON A FEW BELIEFS – gods devils heaven and hell I don’t believe in a God a Devil a Christ an Antichrist or the angels who are supposed to attend them; I believe all of them grew out of mythology and evolved into reality through the spoken and written stories told by creative minds – today, some of us believe it all to be true and real. Not only that, but some of us actually believe Gods or Devils plan and direct our individual and collective lives. I’ve already said I don’t believe in Gods or Devils so it should be understood that I certainly don’t believe any God or Devil plans and directs my life. Whatever the state of our existence – individual, race, country, or world – humans have created that state by their actions or inactions. I said this to a relative once and almost got put out of her house. When our thinking is trapped in mythology it’s difficult if not impossible to see and admit that we did more than anyone else to get where we are – at this moment, each of us is where we are and doing what we do because of the choices we made; exception, of course, but nonetheless true. Prayer is a wonderful tool to envision an alternative state of being; but without enabling action the time could be better spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment