Monday, January 9, 2017

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE HOUSE WE LIVE IN

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE HOUSE WE ALL LIVE IN – this house we call America Because our house is so big and spacious I sometimes have this fleeting illusion that its size is immeasurable - I know that’s not true, but it seems so sometimes. I’m quick to admit that others have thought me a little strange, a little off. When I was much younger I would run from that observation; as I aged I came to embrace it. I am indeed a little off – a little crazy, at times a little more than a little is probably a better description. I am crazy enough to know that other peoples also live in this house. Although they live in different rooms, although we seldom if ever meet one another, although we all don’t look alike or speak the same language, this house is theirs just as much as it is mine. When I first came to know where my room was in this house I found I was surrounded by people of European extractions – some among them didn’t want me to venture too close to their room; they, in fact didn’t want me to occupy any room in this house. I’m not certain, but perhaps this is why I became a little, sometimes a big crazy. I have grown insane enough to know that me and mine will live where ever we want in this house, that we will contribute to and enjoy all the benefits this house has to offer, that we will not allow another people to deny us those benefits, that we will give our lives or take the lives of others rather than be denied any benefit enjoyed by others in this house – this is OUR house too: OUR America. www.adolphusward.net

No comments:

Post a Comment