Monday, March 6, 2017

THOUGHTS ABOUT WHAT I DO AND DON'T SEE

THOUGHTS ABOUT WHAT I DO AND DON’T SEE – what I don’t see has and can hurt me If you believe some mystical hand in a fairy tale land is directing the lives of human beings you may not care to read any further in this brief essay. If on the other hand you believe that where humans are in their development is the result of choices made, you might find some interesting thoughts in what I say. When I was much younger I was most often guided by what I could see, or better put, what I was given to see. Here are a couple examples of my being blinded by what I could see. I had cashed my paycheck in a bar directly across the street from the factory. A huckster was selling glitzy items to any holder of fresh money. I had no interest in the pens lighters jewelry, but a watch did arrest my seeing. As if reading my thoughts he slipped it off his watch-clad-arm and onto mine; before I could ask the price he pointed to one of the fifty dollar bills in my hand – without him asking I gave it to him. My glitzy watch tic-toc for most of two days and stopped. Another example of my see only experiences was when I’d been introduced to a hustler who was said to be looking for a business partner in a startup. He drove to a small vacant store in a business district, a For Lease sign in its window. He casually informed me he needed four hundred dollars on the nine hundred dollar/month cost – I gave it to him without question. Never saw the hustler again; the person who introduced us boiled over with apologies but somehow his apologies never turned into four hundred dollars. My personal experiences give cause for me to look at what I don’t see in our new president’s promises to make America Great Again: he says we’ll have a new government, new army, new law enforcement, new healthcare system, new education system, new employment system, and happier Americans. What I see is Americans duped into turning against one another; public against press, traditional sex against alternative preference, race against race, religion against religion, citizens against immigrants, and haves against have not. I see most Americans continuing to pay the superrich more and more of less and less income for the Greater America bliss promised. What I see is our new government acting as primary broker enabling the super-rich to buy America’s public lands with its natural and productive resources and subsequently too enslaving ordinary citizens – the buyers are not all Americans. www.adolphusward.net

No comments:

Post a Comment