Thursday, June 15, 2017

THOUGHTS ABOUT NIGGER - THE WORD

THOUGHTS ABOUT NIGGER – THE WORD The etymology (history) of the word nigger is not the focus of my comments; what is of concern to me is how the word is being given the increasing-power it now has by the futile efforts to outlaw and bury its use in language and literature. The word will not be drummed out of world languages and literatures by verbal nor written condemnations. No inquisitions backed by armed enforcers will rip violating tongues out by their roots or pages from books. I really don’t intend to be insensitive when I say NIGGER ain’t going away soon. I just think there are more important issues black people need to be dealing with. The acceptable hashtag version, N-word still says NIGGER. www.adolphusward.net

No comments:

Post a Comment