Monday, September 11, 2017

THOUGHTS ABOUT CERTAINTY AND UNCERTAINTY OF HUMAN ACTIVITY

THOUGHTS ABOUT CERTAINTY AND UNCERTAINTY – one can be the other and at the same time As a writer I give a considerable amount of time to thinking about things of interest to me. Because of a recent heart attack I have even more time to think about things. At 82 it is certain my heart will take longer to heal than if I were 42. Because of age it is uncertain that my heart will ever see the strength it once enjoyed – this is a certainty. There are three areas of interest in which I here share my thinking; my heart is not among them. The first area is whether or not white racism against blacks will continue to grow vocally and physically. It is certain white racism against blacks has and will continue to exist. It is uncertain whether or not social, economic, and political gulfs between whites and blacks could grow to the extent that violence is seen as the only remedy; but it’s certainly a possibility. My second area of interest is global-warming. It is certain that human activities pollute the air we breathe but arguably uncertain as to those activities negatively altering global weather patterns. It is certain that human activities have polluted our water systems – rivers, lakes, oceans - altering life forms and habits. It is certainly possible that human activities have some effect on global weather patterns. My third area of interest is the children of undocumented immigrants. An executive order created a path to citizenship for thousands of young people. The order acted as a collective voice of most Americans. The present executive, for political reasons, rescinded the order and put the fate of thousands in the hands of a Congress now guided by political interest rather than ethical conscious. Outcome is uncertain. www.adolphusward.net

1 comment:

  1. It was handiest then that Antek truly realised his terrible mistake. Download Best Videos The mean hearted brother ran from the river,

    ReplyDelete