Monday, March 11, 2019

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING AMERICAN AND SALUTING THE FLAG

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING AMERICAN AND SALUTING THE FLAG - ADOS I am an ADOS, American Descendant of Slavery, who salutes the flag and will continue to be and do such. I am not blind to the torture, the slaughter, the genocidal efforts of powerful white citizens, specifically, and the silence of many white citizens, in general, and their complicit actions to obstruct black efforts to recover and thrive following the force labor of slavery, Jim Crow laws, and the subtle but open white race discrimination which continues today. My Americanism and respect for the flag is innate because the blood of my parents and that of my ancestors soak the soil and saturate the waters of this nation and color its flag – it is to them that I give honor and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment