Monday, November 18, 2019

THOUGHTS ABOUT MY THOUGHTS

THOUGHTS ABOUT MY THOUGHTS – thinking aloud what I’m thinking I recently finished my 4th novel; I think it’s my best work–not perfect but good. I’m well into research for my 5th book; not yet ready for the story outline. I was with Lynn Burnett and a group of actors at Coffee Chatter the other evening when I had a chance to introduce my novel to a presenting writer for screen and TV. He asked if I had considered adapting it to film, I told him I had; he asked if I would do it or have someone else. Perhaps my response sounds a bit egotistical but I told him no one could do it better than I. The truth is I believe that. Another truth is I’m working on the 5th book–do I stop to write an adaptation or do both? For me, neither choice is plausible. Easy for me to decide but doesn’t stop my mixed emotions. Another thing has been haunting me lately–perhaps its due to age. Most of my adult life I’ve lived alone. I married twice and ended both in divorce. I have two loving siblings, five wonderful children grandchildren and great-grands. I’ve had a number of great lovers along the way but have purposely avoided marriage. For some time now I’ve been without a woman in my life. My writing and acting has, until now, kept me busy enough to avoid the creeping consciousness of feeling alone. I have good social contact but nothing on the personal level. No good mornings, no good nights, no how you feeling today baby, you feel like doing it? Now that life for me is slowing down I’m becoming more sensitive more perceptive more aware of what’s important in life. I do love life but I’m a little tired of living it alone. Amazon.com/dp/0983947724

No comments:

Post a Comment