Friday, January 16, 2015

IT MAKES ME SAY SOMETHING - 11

IT MAKES ME SAY SOMETHING – 11 Accidents caused by older drivers stepping on the accelerator instead of the brake seem to be increasing – this makes me say something. To begin with I will be 80 next month so I qualify as an older driver. My mind body and spirit are in good health. If you’re an older driver or know someone who is, consider what my experience has taught me. About eight years ago I was in a rush and making a left turn into a shopping center lot; an oncoming car changed lane and appeared to be making a right turn into the same lot – in a split second I concluded the driver would have to slow down to make the turn; just enough time for me to make my left turn and be out of his way: BIG MISTAKE! No one hurt but it crippled my income for a while. OLDER PEOPLE SHOULD GIVE THEMSELVES A FEW SECONDS BEFORE ACTING ON AN IMPULSE – our reflexes don’t readjust as quickly as a younger person’s. When convinced we’re on the brake we keep pushing that accelerator to the floor trying to stop the car. Another less hazardous senior moment may cause us and others some frustration. We open the fridge and forget What we wanted, go into another room and forget Why. I don’t beat myself up because of these moments – and I don’t let others get me upset. When you consider the number of times you open the fridge or enter another room it’s little wonder why our brain gets confused sometimes as to What or Why. You will usually find the answer to What or Why where you just came from. www.adolphusward.net, www.amazon.com/author/adolphus

No comments:

Post a Comment