Saturday, December 5, 2015

THOUGHTS ABOUT HOLIDAYS...

MY THOUGHTS ON HOLIDAYS AND OTHER STUFF Those who know me well know that I don’t celebrate holidays. I’m not religious about it I just don’t anticipate and join in festivities when the calendar tells me I should. However, if someone greets me with a happy…marry…love…or other such wishes I will return the greeting in kind. I just refuse to dance when someone, whoever the fuck that is, tells me to. As an actor I refuse to let a director tell me how to do something – just tell me what you want done then get the hell out of the way and let me decide the how; I’m open to he or she telling me yes of no. I love America not because someone told me to in song or verse. I love it because my parents worked their asses off to make it our home – as did my grandparents and ancestors before them: ancestors slaved bled and died making America my home. I have preserved my right to be here by citizenship – ain’t going no-where else. I’m patriotic but not religious about it. I have no driving ambition to convert anyone else to loving America. I’m an atheist but have no ambition to persuade or kill anyone who’s not. I won’t allow a woman to tell me how to please her sexually or otherwise – just tell me what pleases you then close your talk-hole and let me take care of the how. http://www.adolphusward.net http://www.amazon.com/Adolphus-A.-Ward/e/B00OSDSSRC

No comments:

Post a Comment