Tuesday, September 6, 2016

THOUGHTS ABOUT HYPERBOLE vs REALITY

THOUGHTS ABOUT HYPERBOLE vs REALITY – doing what some say we will never do I have this popcorn brain that gives back more than is put into it. Two women stimulated my brain today by putting in kernels of an idea. Barbara Roberts was the first and Nancy Peske the second. I was one of many hundreds in the Labor Dad Parade this morning. Barbara is a staff member of Actors’ Equity Association, and with the right amount of feminine finesse dropped a kernel into my brain that I, Adolphus, needed to march for Equity this day; if I didn’t march, she said, other Equity members would have to carry Equity’s banner all by themselves. I gotta tell you, Barbra and I are longtime friends, otherwise, I would have told her where she could put her drugstore psychology. A note aside; Sag-Aftra, another actors union, I’m a member, made room for our two unions to march alongside one another. THANKS SAG-AFTRA. Nancy Peske is a friend by inheritance. Her mother, who is deceased, and I shared love when Nancy was quite young. Now she is grown with a fully developed mind and also has a family. We don’t communicate often but each of us will always keep the other in our thoughts. Our recent communication centered on racial tension so present in all our lives and what future race relationships might look like without it. Nancy, baby, I don’t fucking know but this Labor Day Parade has to come close to what I hope and work for. Seated on the curbs and marching in the parade was a virtual microcosm of humanity. We’re doing what some fight like hell not to have us do – WE’RE LIVING and WORKING WITH EACH OTHER. http://www.adolphusward.net http://www.amazon.com/Adolphus-A.-Ward/e/B00OSDSSRC

No comments:

Post a Comment