Tuesday, November 8, 2016

THOUGHTS ABOUT ACTORS' EQUITY and 99

THOUGHTS ABOUT EQUITY and 99 - better if we work together Attended a union meeting yesterday, Actors’ Equity Association; it was a national meeting with televised conference hookup to all regions – it was a big deal. I’m usually astute when it comes to preparing for meetings, of any kind; but this one caught me a little off balance. We, all Equity union members, were asked to consider and then vote on two proposed additions to Union bylaws. I was familiar with the proposal but at our local level, here in LA. I was caught off balance when what I thought was a local issue was now being considered at a national level. I thought, oh shit, 99 has move our local issue to a national stage – that took some smart political maneuvering. I’ve always admired smart political maneuvering – even when I oppose the outcome. Well, I applaud 99’s skill, but their maneuvering was not successful at a national level; both proposals failed. I left the meeting thinking how more powerful our union would be if we all worked together – but reality kinda reflects the politics and mood of our country. MY EBOOKS ON AMAZON – please share http://www.amazon.com/Adolphus-A.-Ward/e/B00OSDSSRC

No comments:

Post a Comment