Thursday, May 25, 2017

THOUGHTS ABOUT LIVING WHILE FIGHTING

THOUGHT ABOUT LIVING LAUGHING FIGHTING – my art of saying fuck-it while fucking with it The discussion, often argument, as to whether human behavior is shaped more by nature-nurture or environment-perception has been around since wo-man first started to be aware of her-is self. More recently epigeneticist discovered some answers, some light, at the cellular level of our being – African ancestors called it Blood Memory. We not only look like our parents but we are preconditioned, before we’re born, to adopt a parent’s behavior – saint or sinner, so to speak. This means a pimp might produce a pimp, a prostitute a prostitute, a preacher a preacher, a musician a musician, a liar a liar, a murderer a murderer, a racist a racist, and the list go on. Once we leave the womb and enter the realm of nurture and environment, what happens to us there affects and shapes our behavior. Remember that we are all preconditioned for certain behaviors. Both nurture and environment brings those predispositions into play – what was only possible and predictable becomes real. The reasons why we seem to be always dealing with the same human problems is that human behaviors are passed on from one generation to the next, to the next, to the next. Racism is a behavior. So, for me it is not a new and shocking reality. Instead of railing at the top of my lungs till I burst a brain vessel, I assess the value of the harm it is causing and decide how I should deal with it. If racism is causing me no real harm, fuck it. Someone calling me a nigger doesn’t even get the hand, fuck’em. When I assess the harm has significant value and can cause pain or worse, I move to thwart or reduce its impact. I will take a life or die defending my own and that of my kind before submitting to lethal harm. PLEASE SHARE. www.adolphusward.net

No comments:

Post a Comment