Tuesday, May 16, 2017

THOUGHTS ABOUT THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX

THOUGHTS ABOUT THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX – not following the crowd One thing that has helped me continue my development is my ability to think outside the box. Even as a young growing child WHY was always flowing from my mouth. Even when punitive rules didn’t encourage the inquiry I thought it silently. I was never one to just do what I was told when it didn’t make sense. Even when it seemed to make sense I wanted to know Who said it and Why. Mother was more tolerant with my Whys than Dad, but I still thought it. In primary school I was seldom mentally in class with the rest of the kids. I was always exploring the outside world visible to me or the world in my imagination; they were almost always more interesting than what was being told without ever allowing me to ask Why and Who said. As a young adult I had what I call a vision. In this dream state I was in a very dark place, so black I could see nothing, even though my eyes were wide open. The space was full of people; although some stood still most were moving opposite to the direction I was going. Some people tried to change my direction but I’d simply brush them away and continue walking. I could see nothing but intuition compelled me to keep moving. As I continued the numbers of people diminished to a point when I was alone. Soon there was a dim light ahead and I knew I was headed in the right direction – awake and more conscious. I have long been an independent thinker and am never confined to any box – religious, racist, political, sexist, social, or genetic. www.adolphusward.net

No comments:

Post a Comment