Saturday, November 1, 2014

IT MAKE ME SAY SOMETHING 2

IT MAKES ME SAY SOMETHING Growing Cost of Freedom makes me say something. I once had the naive believe that freedom – you know, all that life liberty and pursuit of happiness stuff in The Constitution – was guaranteed; especially after it was purged of its overt racism, sexism, and you know the rest. I once thought that when I worked hard, paid my share of taxes, that I would be assured of representation by all elected officials, not just the blue or the red, the right or the left. Oh, I knew there would be some basic disagreements along the way; but I thought my basic rights were unquestionably guaranteed. Now I find that my taxes, my philanthropy guarantees me nothing. In order for my basic rights to be protected I am now forces to pay for those rights – I am now told I must pay a legal form of protection. I am now told that our democracy has been put on the stock exchange and big money is grabbing chunks of it at bargain prices. I am told that I must dig deeper in my near empty pockets if I expect to have any rights at all. I am told that The Constitution has been enslaved and put on the auction block for the highest bidder. I am told that I will be a slave once again because I don’t have enough money to buy my freedom. www.adolphusward.net, www.amazon.com/author/adolphusward

No comments:

Post a Comment