Saturday, November 8, 2014

IT MAKES ME SAY SOMETHING

IT MAKES ME SAY SOMETHING The notion of being aware of myself - that is being conscious - makes me say something that has been in my head for a long time. I unapologetically admit that I have no formal training in brain function and its role in human behavior; nor have I been trained in behavior and its role in brain function. I have, however, included reading in brain/behavior areas among unrelated subjects of my interest. For me, reading is a habit; when and where ever I have an interest I will get a book to appease my hunger. I think my brain is the birthplace of my self-awareness. Without my brain I would not be aware – I would not be conscious; without my consciousness my brain would cease to function – my brain would die. A continually developing conscious (awareness) makes possible a continually developing brain; the developing brain in turn makes possible a continually developing conscious (awareness). At the start consciousness is like a new born child who must be fed by others. If the growth of that child is nurtured the child will soon learn to feed itself, will learn to select and secure its own food, will learn to rely on itself. That self-reliance will inform the brain; it reacts by assisting the maturing conscious (awareness). The short of all this is that I’ve learned to continually develop my brain by continually developing my consciousness – by continually developing the awareness of self, of others, and all else. www.adolphusward.net http://www.amazon.com/author/adolphusward

No comments:

Post a Comment