Sunday, November 16, 2014

IT MAKES ME SAY SOMETHING - 4

IT MAKES ME SAY SOMETHING - 4 Following the triumph of the Republican Party at the polls I received a letter from the Democratic Party wanting to know what important issues the party should undertake in the coming years. Since I’m an Independent voter I received a similar letter from Republicans. As a person who’s been breathing for a long time I don’t get too excited when a politician wants to know what I think about a given issue; I’m convinced the reality of how seriously my response would be taken has more to do with how much money or influence I could contribute to what the party thinks is important. With that in mind I have to say something about REPARATIONS – REPARATIONS is the only means by which peoples of AFRICAN descent will ever share in the opportunities and wealth available in this country – the free labor of our ancestors, their exclusion from social political and economic life, enabled America to become the strongest, in-terms of wealth and military might, country ever to exist. The only way for America to atone for its deliberate actions is REPARATIONS. I think REPARATIONS should first go to reconstructing educational institutions serving peoples of African descent – jobs for peoples of African descent should be an integral part of the initial thrust of REPARATIONS. www.adolphusward.net, www.amazon.com/author/adolphusward

No comments:

Post a Comment