Monday, December 15, 2014

JUST SHARING ME - 2

JUST SHARING ME – 2 Sunday was my Think Day – it’s the day I’ve set aside for assessing what I did or didn’t do during the week. I call it my stink day since I don’t usually shower or foldup my sofa bed – I don’t leave my apartment. Yesterday was an exception; I did some bending and stretching to get my heartrate up, had an oatmeal breakfast, took a shower and drove a short distant to a Crown Bookstore at Westfield Topanga to hear a lovely writer friend, Lila Lee Silvern, read from her new book: CONFESSIONS of a GERIATRIC PROM QUEEN. I do buy and read lots of books. I own a number of African and African American art pieces – including an original fabric piece by SHERRY EVON WHETSTONE, also an original painting by CHARLOTTE HILL O’NEAL. When you enter my apartment you know a black man lives here. The new-year, 2015, will find me spending more time at home, buying far fewer books and art pieces, and eating out less. I already cut my charitable gifts – that will continue through next year. The reason is this year I spent a considerable amount of money on publishing the second edition of my three novels – and on advertising, and on writer’s conferences, and books on writing. It will take all of next year to repay the bank and myself. I’m now beginning to record an Audio Book for each title – the first will be available at Amazon early next year. www.adolphusward.net, www.amazon.com/author/adolphusward

No comments:

Post a Comment