Thursday, June 9, 2016

THOUGHTS ABOUT MY GETWITH - my VACATION

THOUGHTS ON MY GETWITH – my word for vacation It’s the morning after deplaning at LAX from Milwaukee, returning from three weeks with the best damn family and friends to ever dwell upon this earth; my sister Zenobia, her companion Wilma, my brother Isaac; daughters, Denise, Azeeza, Lisa, sons, Anthony and Michael; grand and great grandchildren; nieces and nephews; friends. When leaving Reseda, CA my determination was to GETWITH and enjoy, again, just being with them. I’m fiercely independent and am cautious about interrupting the routines of family or friends. I always rent a car when I get to my GETWITH destination; and more often than not rent a motel room. But, some years ago my “young” friend Virginia gave me a key to her house and a spacious room to use whenever I’m in town. Mind you, her house has an unobstructed view of Lake Michigan from each of three floors. Virginia is actually much younger than my 81 years but whenever I talk about her publically I always make that clear; it’s my way to keeping her house key. http://www.adolphusward.net http://www.amazon.com/Adolphus-A.-Ward/e/B00OSDSSRC

No comments:

Post a Comment