Friday, June 17, 2016

THOUGHTS ON BELIEFS THAT KILL

THOUGHTS ON BELIEFS AND BELIEVERS THAT KILL I am not shocked by the systematic slaughter of the 49 human beings celebrating life in a gay club. For sure, I do have empathy for the mourners who lost love-ones and for those recovering from inflicted wounds – but I’m not shocked by the misguided act of the shooter. In fact I anticipated it as I have other atrocities committed by fellow humans with a belief, the will, and the power to force their belief on others. A note of caution: be leery of a person with a fervent belief when they are determined that others must accept that belief. Be especially leery when that belief is sanctioned by a god. My anticipation of radical behavior is not limited to individuals or small groups but includes governments: especially those with the power to force their will (belief) on others in the name of a god. http://www.adolphusward.net http://www.amazon.com/Adolphus-A.-Ward/e/B00OSDSSRC

No comments:

Post a Comment