Friday, June 24, 2016

THOUGHTS ON THE I AND THE WE

THOUGHTS ON THE Is AND THE WEs – something to think about I have what I’ve come to think of as a Popcorn Brain. It stems from the fact that whenever I’m given an idea or think of one myself, my brain takes that one idea and Pops a head full of others. A few kernels into my brain produce a bag full of popcorn. Some of the pops ain’t worth a fuck, but they’re in the bag. From time to time I get an idea that’s worth sharing. I have this idea about my 2 modes of thinking; the first mode is what I call my I-mode of thinking. The second is what I call my We-mode of thinking. In the first mode I mostly think about what concerns me – others seldom inter my mind. In the second I include others in the things that concern me. What I’ve found is whenever I move from the I-mode to the We-mode of thinking I get more possibilities to meet, resolve, my concerns. The I-mode (Me) way of thinking doesn’t work as well for me as the We-mode (Us) way of thinking. http://www.adolphusward.net http://www.amazon.com/Adolphus-A.-Ward/e/B00OSDSSRC

No comments:

Post a Comment