Thursday, July 24, 2014

WHY I WRITE BOOKS

Sharing why I write novels – 4 I grew to dislike public school at about the time I completed the primary grades. I turned off school but not learning. The WHY of things was and still is very much alive in me – I never stopped wanting to know; I never stopped talking to others and turning the pages of books to find an answer. A great deal of what I learned during my formative years was from INTERACTING WITH OTHERS and READING BOOKS: it did not come from what I got in classrooms. Reading and interacting with others is a habit I’ll keep to death. There is one thing about life I find extremely fascinating – STORIES. Stories record the comings and goings, the ups and downs, the tears and laughter, the failures and triumphs of people. Stories not only record what people say but what they do. Stories enable us to better understand another person another people – stories enables us to better understand ourselves. www.adolphusward.net

No comments:

Post a Comment