Monday, August 4, 2014

WHY I WRITE NOVELS - 5

SHARING WHY I WRITE NOVELS – 5 I start by asking everyone to READ a BOOK, a NEWPAPER, a MAGAZING, a POSTCARD, a COMIC BOOK, a STREET SIGN – READ SOMETHING! If you like to read, that’s Good. If you don’t like to read, READ ANYWAY! Sunday afternoon I had an opportunity to read from one of my three novels. I’m not sharing this to get applause because I did nothing to arrange the reading – all I did was show up and read. I’m a member of the Independent Writers of Southern California (IWOSC) and it was my organization that arranged for thirteen of its members to read; I was fortunate to be one of them. Not only did the leadership of this organization arrange the reading but they did it with the cooperation of Southern California’s Largest Independent bookstore – VROMAN’S of Pasadena, California. Applause to IWOSC and VROMAN’S for allowing me to share my stories with a reading audience. In the life of an independent writer it’s a damn good day when she or he sells a book - I HAD A DAMN GOOD DAY! www.adolphusward.net

No comments:

Post a Comment